How to Cook healthy potato dauphinoise
- 2 kg potatoes
- 3 big white onions
- 500 gr crème fraîche (double cream)
- Some nutmeg
- Pre-heat the oven (230ºC thermostat 8). Slice the onions and spread them in a plate. Peel the potatoes and slice them thinly.
- Put a first layer of potatoes in the plate. Cover the potatoes with half of the crème fraîche (the potatoes must be fully covered, if needed add some single cream).
- Repeat step 2. Be careful to leave a little space on top of the plate to avoid the mixture to boil over.
- Season with salt, peper and nutmeg.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 210ºC thermostat 7 before putting the plate in for 90min. If the top starts to burn, cover it with aluminium foil.