This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
How to make Paella Valenciana
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cups Rice
- 4 cups Fish broth
- 500 grams Squid
- 500 grams Prawns fresc
- 1/2 handful Clam
- 1/2 handful Mussels
- 1 Onion medium
- 1 Tomato medium
- 1/2 Red paprika in julienne
- 1 clove Garlic choppen in small piece
- 1/2 cup Green beans
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 250 grams Octopus choppen in medium piece
- 250 grams Chicken thighs small
- Olive oil
- Clean and chop the fish, shells and shellfish
- In a paella pan, sauté the onion, garlic, pepper and tomato in small squares with olive oil.
- Place the shells of the sea. Cook for a few minutes (a broth will begin to form).
- Place the 2 cups of rice and stir to mix with the other ingredients. Add 4 cups fish stock. Add one teaspoon of saffron, 2 teaspoons of salt, pepper and chicken thighs.
- Even with liquid in the paella pan, add to the paella fresh peas, prawns, squid, octopus
- Cook until the liquid is almost dry. At this time you can put some strips of pepper to decorate and some prawns with their shell.
- Lower the heat and cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 15 minutes and taste the grain. If ready, remove from heat and serve your seafood paella with a dash of olive oil on top to give it even more flavor.