This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
- 2 eggs
- 500 gr wheat flour
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 350 gr sugar
- 150 gr butter
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 250 ml yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons red vegetable coloring
- 1 teaspoon yeast
Ingredients for the cream:
- 300 gr cream cheese
- 300 gr of powdered sugar
- 150 gr butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Heat the oven to 170°C.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients: flour, salt, cocoa, baking powder. Except the sugar.
- Separately in another bowl, incorporate the butter together with the sugar until a uniform dough is formed. Add the eggs one by one and the vanilla essence, beat very well.
- In another bowl, combine the food coloring with the yogurt and the teaspoon of lemon juice, until a homogeneous mixture is formed.
- Pour the mixture into two molds of the same size previously greased and floured.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes. Check with a toothpick by poking the center until it comes out dry.
- Let the cake cool and then decorate it.
- NOTE: use a whisk to mix, you will get a fluffier cake.
Preparation of the cream:
- In a bowl place the butter and the powdered sugar, mix with the help of the electric mixer until it forms a cream.
- Then add the cream cheese in parts. Continue mixing until the cream is homogeneous.
- You can cut the cakes in half using a lycra or a large serrated knife to make more layers.
- Start by placing the frosting on one of the cakes and spread it with the help of a spatula. On top of the first frosting place the second cake and frosting. Continue in this way.
- For the final layer, cover it with the rest of the frosting.