How to cook Stuffed tomatoes
- 750 gr ausage meat
- 6 coeur de boeuf tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- 8 slice sandwich bread
- 15 cl milk
- 3 dessert spoons olive oil
- Pre heat the oven (210ºC thermostat 7).
- Cut the upper part of the tomatoes and save it for later. With a spoon, remove (but keep it aside) 2/3 of the tomatoes' flesh so that they look like a kind of bowl in which we will further put the stuffing.
- With a fork mix half of the milk and the eggs in a bowl. Add the flesh of the tomatoes and the sandwich bread cut in pieces. Pour the rest of the milk. To finish crumble the sausage meat and add it to the mixture. Season with pepper and salt before mixing the whole with a spoon.
- Fill up the tomatoes with the stuffing and put them in a plate. Splash theme with a bit of olive oil, put back the upper part of the tomatoes and let them in the oven for 45min. With the stuffed tomatoes, you can prepare some rice as a side dish.