This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
How to make Pastry Cream
Servings: 2 caups
- 2 cups Milk
- 120 grams Sugar
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon zest
- Put the milk, vanilla and lemon zest in a pot and mix it eventually. It is important that the fire is in the middle level of the kitchen.
- At the same time, have a medium cup. Place egg yolks and sugar, beat until smooth. Add the cornstarch, mix constantly to avoid lumps.
- When the milk begins to boil, add little by little the egg mixture and the flour that we have prepared in the previous step.
- To finish making the pastry cream, mix constantly for 7 minutes, you will notice how the cream begins to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.