This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Recipe for making Mexican Chicken Tinga
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup sweet onion chopped into small squares
- 3 cloves garlic chopped into small squares
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce finely diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound cooked shredded chicken rotisserie chicken works!
- 12 medium corn tortillas
- 4 sliced ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 red onion julienned
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- 200 grams cotija cheese crumbled
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add a touch of oil and sauté the onion until translucent (approx. 3 to 4 minutes).
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, then add the oregano, cumin and chipotles and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, stock and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Blend the above tomato mixture on full power for 30 seconds.
- Return the blended sauce to the pan and add the shredded chicken; season with salt and pepper. Cook for 30 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Chicken tinga, is often prepared for tacos. Ideally it should be served with avocado slices, cilantro, red onion and cotija cheese. Squeeze half a lime before serving.
Calorías y Nutrición
Serving: 100g | Calories: 190kcal