How to make Peruvian chicken empanadas
Servings: 5 people
Ingredients empanadas dough
- 4 cups wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon salted yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients empanadas meat
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 500 grams Fatfree shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Yellow pepper
- 1 teaspoon Spicy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 black pitted olives
- 1 baking tray
- 1 egg white
For the dough
- Put the wheat flour, salt, yeast, butter and water in a bowl and mix for around 5 minutes making a soft dough and put aside.
For the chicken
- Heat the olive oil in in a saucepan and sauté the onions and garlic. Add the chicken, salt, pepper, the aji, paprika, black olives and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook for 10 minutes over medium-high heat and stir continiously.
For the empanadas
- Stretch the dough out flat and cut into small circles (you can either use a glass or a medium-sized plate for this).
- Put the chicken in the center of each circle of dough.
- Fold the dough around the chicken and enclose the filling using a wet fork.
- Brush the dough of the empanadas with egg white.
- Place the empanadas in a preheated 150º oven for 15 minutes until they are slightly golden brown.
- Let them cool for around 10 minutes before eating them.