Como hacer la Salsa de Tomate para Pizza y Pasta, Receta casera italiana
From our point of view a pizza sauce should be aromatic, thick in consistency and have a balance of flavours between the acidity of the tomato and the salt.
- For the pizza sauce it is very important to use fresh oregano, as this gives the sauce a lot of aroma. The tomatoes should be red or ripe, but not damaged. Sometimes tomatoes may have an acid smell. This is due to the pH of the food itself. In case the tomatoes have an acid smell, add a pinch of sugar. This way you will eliminate the acidity and stabilize the flavor of the pizza sauce.
- In case you use canned tomatoes or tomatoes in sauce, they are usually high in salt so the amount of salt you use should be less.
- This sauce can be used in other recipes; for example, in puttanesca sauce, arrabiata, or bolognese sauce.
How to make Italian Pizza Sauce
A good pizza consists of three elements: the dough, the cheese, and the sauce. Remember to always use fresh ingredients and keep an eye on the amount of the salt in the sauce. This is one of the keys to achieving a particular flavor that identifies your pizza.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1,5 kg kg red tomatoes (ripe)
- 250 grams onion
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 fist oregano
- 5 basilicum leaves
- 1 pinch salt
Homemade pizza sauce
- Wash the tomatoes and cut an "X" in the surface. Heat water in a pot and place the tomatoes in the pot for a minute or minute and a half, remove and cool with a little water, peel the tomatoes and then chop them into medium pieces.
- Chop the onion into small cubes or pass it through a food processor, either way is good. Do the same with the garlic clove.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot. Sauté the onion in the pan and leave it on the heat for four minutes, until it becomes transparent. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic (very important)
- Add the chopped tomato, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add a glass and half of water. Cover the pot and leave over medium heat for 30 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes so that the sauce does not burn.
- Let it cool down and put it in the blender for one minute. When the sauce is ready, you can immediately make your pizzas or keep them in the fridge. If you freeze or vacuum pack it, you can easily preserve it for 8 months.