Como hacer Arepas Venezolanas, Receta Tradicional latina
How to cook Venezuelan arepas?
Servings: 10 arepas
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 egg
- 3 cups PAN flour (boiled maize flour)
- Put the flour with the water, salt, egg and butter in a bowl. Mix for a few minutes until a smooth, even dough is formed.
- Let the dough rest for around 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into portions and make a "small ball" with the dough. Give the small ball a circular shape, using th e palms of your hands, press and create a kind of tortilla.(WATCH VIDEO)
- To cook, place the arepas on a griddle or pan with medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes. They should be golden brown on both sides.
- Reina pepiada: perhaps the most famous arepa in Venezuela is made with avocado, chicken salad and mayonnaise.
- Arepa Pelúa: is an arepa filled with shredded meat (meat previously shredded and cooked) with grated cheese
- La Catira: very similar to the "arepa pelúa" but you change the shredded meat for shredded and stewed chicken, it also has grated cheese
- La Sifrina: the word sifrina is what in Spain would be the "pija", so it refers to girls who are very sophisticated or "nose up". Continuing with the filling of the arepas, sifrina is the same as Reina pepiada but also has grated cheese.
- The Domino: surely you can imagine, this is an arepa filled with caraotas or beans with grated white cheese.
- La Rumbera: is one of the best arepas there is, it has a filling of baked pork leg with grated yellow cheese.
- De pabellón Criollo: it is one of the "most stuffed" arepas in Venezuela, it has black beans (caraotas), shredded meat, slices and grated white cheese. In the coastal area the meat is exchanged for fish.
Quizás también te interese:
Curiosities of the arepas
- The arepa is the most popular food in Venezuela. And is eaten for breakfast and dinner. - A 493,200 kilogram arepa made in Venezuela currently holds the Guinean record as the largest arepa in the world. The record was made possible by Empresas Polar, a company that produces PAN flour.
- - The most popular arepa is called Reina Pepiada and was created in honor of a Venezuelan Miss World named Susana Duim. Its filling is made with avocado, chicken and mayonnaise.
- - TostiArepa, launched in 1997, is the ideal appliance to make arepas. It only takes 7 minutes to make them with this appliance. A good investment. We recommend you to try other Venezuelan recipes such as tequeños,"golfeados" or "cachitos de jamón