Servings: 6 persons
- 600 g ground meat
- 3 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 1/2 potatoes (medium size)
- 8 cl milk
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 2 pinches herbes de provence
- 2 egg yolks
- 45 g parmesan
- 75 g grated cheese
- 55 g butter
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
FIRST PREPARE THE MASHED POTATOES
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in half and put them in a cooking pot. Add a peeled garlic clove and pour cold water in the pot (enough to cover the potatoes). Dust with salt.
- Cover, bring to boil and let it cook for 25min. Potatoes must be soft enough to be mashed. Start warming the milk meanwhile. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and the garlic clove in a sieve. Transfer the whole in a bowl and mash it with a fork or a ricer while adding the milk, the crème fraîche and 10g of butter.
- Season the mashed potatoes with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
SECOND PREPARE THE HACHIS
- Chop the onions, 3 garlic cloves and sauté them.
- Add the diced tomatoes, ground meat, flour, salt, pepper and herbes de provences.
- When all is cooked, cut the heat and add the egg yolks and the parmesan. Mix it.
- Pre-heat the oven (200ºC thermostat 6-7). Spread the hachis in a plate and spread the mashed potatoes on top of it. Dust with grated cheese and brown for 20min.